Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Saving the Universe

After a brief and somewhat peaceful break of crafting, I picked up where I left off. There are a couple of "events" coming my way and I've been running around like Jerry Lewis in the Nutty Professor...thinkin' this, grabbing that, experimenting and creating up a storm. Remember, 99% of what I make is from recycled items....I'm trying to save the Universe, one craft project at a time.

OK, so I had these wooden flower silhouettes since like forever, in fact, they were in Raquel's Nursery (she's 18) and then I placed them on my porch where they gathered moss and anonymity.
They were dirty, outdated and just plain B-O-R-I-N-G!

I repainted the stems and leafs a metallic green with paint I already had, covered the flowers with pretty scrapbook paper ( had that too) applied my magic buttons ( got plenty of them) painted the pots a shocking pink ( check) and covered the planting oasis ( got it) with doilies that I per cured from a yard sale....wrapped it up in a pink bow and......it's magic. All 3 items cost me 75 cents...a quarter per doilie.



Oh yeah, I kind of sanded the edges a little to give it a little vintage look...I'm not very fond of shiny things...

And somehow, word got around at work that I like junk, so my friend Lynn, who is in the middle of cleaning out her house because she is moving, gave me a cute little lacy collar among other things. I had no idea what I was gonna do with it, but the first thing I did was tea dye it cuz I seem to tea dye everything that is white.
I ironed it.....yes people, I still iron stuff, and I attached it to a lamp and places a rhinestone bow on the edge....It'll do for now until I come across something else I wanna do and have to steal from Paul to pay Peter....I'm Just Sayin'


5 comments:

  1. you've got some terrific ideas in that pretty head of yours...keep up the great work, fun. I'm not too motivated this time of year, I think it's the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do go work. I would've just thrown the stuff away.

    I like the little Hampster size TV tray in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh you clever little bunny you!! Love the pink and green together and I adore tea dyed lace. Pretty things! x

      Delete
  3. There's nothing like beautiful old 'junk' for sweet inspiration..good stuff, bunny♥

    ReplyDelete

Go 'head...say it already!