Saturday, May 5, 2012

New Tenants

                               
A


                                                                
s I was cleaning up the front porch, I heard a little sound that seem to be coming from our ficus tree and then noticed a Mockingbird perched on a branch on our nearby Oak tree.....talking to me in a harsh tone. So I stood on our brick planter, balancing on my tippie toes and parted some branches..


         






...and then I saw two....





and as I rustled the tree a little more




moe, curly and Larry popped their little heads up...waiting for me to feed them.  I stood there just long enough to snap a few pics anticipating momma bird to swoop down on me.

I'm just hoping they grow up and find another home somewhere....far, far away as the Mockingbirds around here sing throughout the night....So far, they are very well behaved...

I'm Just Sayin'


5 comments:

  1. So sweet! No mockingbirds here that I know of, but I kinda miss that..instead, I get the frogs goin`at it all night long, but after awhile, it becomes part of the rhythm of the night and I don`t notice it so much...then, at 4 a.m. or so, all the other birds start carrying on in our apple and cherry trees, hoping to get lucky..I don`t mind that so much, I can remember, decades ago, wanting to get lucky too...cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, amazing that you got those photos! We had mockingbirds in Virginia, and I remember them in California too. Sometimes it was just incredible how long they could go on, changing their song every minute or so. I wouldn't want to hear it all night though!

    Congrats on opening your Etsy shop! I favorited you and added you to my circle(s). I love your keepsake boxes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reminds me of Winkin, Blinkin, and Nod from the Andy Griffith Show. Birds dont sing at night here. Not sure what the difference is. We do have the frogs going crazy all night especially if it rains as the creek is only 50 feet from the house.

      You are lucky momma didnt find you there.

      Delete
  3. baby birds are soo cute.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You got great pictures. Congrats on your Etsy shop. Hope all is going well. Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Go 'head...say it already!