Saturday, August 6, 2011

One mans Junk



Woke up late this morning (won't tell you what time) with nothing really to do. Raquels at the beach with FFA buddies...all day and so it's just me and Eric. He took us to breakfast or whatever that meal was at that time (oatmeal)... let's just say it was breakfast. We passed a few yard sales on the way and so, after our meal, I wondered around the city with $3 to my name and a determination to purchase that one item worthy of the Antique Road Show.

I was kinda lookin' for old patterns but I guess people are hanging on to them...then I spotted this butter dish, which btw, I need...really I do




It's glass with a bubble pattern on top and bottom and it has a silver etched floral design. I asked the lady how much she wanted for it and she told me that she's tired and just wants to practically give everything away and that I could have these matching candlesticks too....all for $1




Well, what could I do? I jumped at it, even though they came with those gawd awful tacky glass candles ( I tossed them) and for $1 I couldn't pass it up. She told me her husband is from Germany that they belonged to HIS mother. I couldn't see any signatures or markings but then again...they were filthy and they are soaking as I am writing this entry.

I love the silver etching on them, in fact, some of it is coming off which makes me like it even more. Anyways, I haven't been yard saling in a very long time and it felt good to get such a bargin.

Perhaps me and the hubster will have a candlelit dinner tonight....with butter. I'm Just Sayin'


5 comments:

  1. Talk about bang for the buck! Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bunny, I'm thinking you need to have that butter dish appraised!

    xo, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You came home with three things and still have money in your pocket.

    I've been waking up extra late too, like 11ish which is unusual for me. But exactly one week from today, and it is back to school. The summer has flown by.

    Jingles is not venturing out onto the balcony in the heat we've been having. And yes, the cherry tomatoes were just topped with olive oil, lemon juice, S&P and a bit of garlic powder. So refreshing and yummy with a piece of cornbread. :) Better than butter! My brother actually used to eat butter straight from the fridge when we were growing up. :/ yikes!

    Have a great day! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice score..I never get to go sailing anymore because my Market day is Saturday...*sob!*
    ..and really like your treasures, would have jumped at it myself!
    Glad to see you still have your 'touch'..♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Bunny what an an amazing score..WOW....you did awesome girl. They are truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Go 'head...say it already!