Sunday, May 17, 2009

One Womens Treasure....

Today I went to a flea market to look for treasure. Yep, treasure. There is nothing like scrounging around, looking in, behind, under and in old boxes for that perfect thing that I just can't live without. I am drawn to items from peoples pasts. People I don't even know, but only imagine.
As a kid, I would drag my good friend Diane with me down the alley ways behind our homes looking for treasures, anything that would catch my eye. At the flea market today, it was the same, except I was with my friend Brenda who has the same thirst as I do. Any and everything that you could possibly imagine was to be found.
Trinkets and baubles and antiques and vintage items, it was all there. I was surrounded by rows and rows of memories, discarded Ephemera, mounds of vintage childhood toys, retro pieces from not so long ago and on and on.

This is what I brought home. A vintage Christmas decoration which will be very comfy among my others.





and these rich and beautiful jewelery items that I haven't figured out where to put them, but I will.



As long as I am able, I will continue to search for my treasures because it bring me pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go 'head...say it already!