Monday, December 14, 2009

Pajama Party!

This past weekend my closest friends and I decided to get together and enjoy each others company. Then I got a wild idea, a pajama party...mainly because I was in a lazy mood and I've been freezing lately. Needless to say we all had a great time in our pj's. We ate and drank and talked and laughed and cried...just like always. A couple of us couldn't make it this time around but for sure, they were truly missed, so don't worry, we will do this again soon. I call these ladies my friends but they are more to me than that...they are my family. We have know each other for well over 30 and 40 years...a couple I have known since 1st grade...you do the math. Just a few pics to give you an idea of the evening...

just me....Santa's little helper



this is Cynthia...no, it's not the end to our party...it's the beginning...she's faking it...she doesn't even drink and her family owns a liquor store



Hey Marsha....got milk? Do let her fool you...there's captain Morgan in that drink




This was after the giant wreath fell around Sandie....it was hysterical




The table were unspeakable tales are told...



...like the time bunny took a shot of tequila...strictly for municipal purposes, of course!




and like the time Marsha and Sandie secretively went outside...why? gotcha!!


Hey! Wait a minute Cyn...you said you didn't drink...hmmmm






Did you notice I'm not in this picture? Besides taking the pic, I'm the one telling the ladies how to center the wreath...and if you know me you are all shaking your heads up and down sayin' yep!




So anyways...what would I do without my family...Marie, Diane and Julie...par-tay in the new year (my house) and maybe we should start a pajama tradition...I can see us now...30 years down the road, forgetting who's house we're going , wearing depends, music blasting cuz we can't hear and falling asleep at 7ish. I wouldn't wanna get old without you all.....love you guys ~


10 comments:

  1. Oh Bunny,
    What fun that must have been! I so remember Marsha and her long, beautiful hair and your house is beautiful!! I love your fireplace. I hear that it has been cold out your way....guess the temps here: about 15 degrees yesterday afternoon!!! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun! ~ Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun time! AND really neat blog header!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is wonderful Bunny and what fun you had!! I love the idea of your pj party and what a treasure to have friends for so many years - wow!! This is when I think I shouldn't have done so much traveling and kept in touch more - simply priceless!
    ♥Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting the pictures. I really cried cause I couldn't go...really. I wanted to go so badly. And I know how true it is that we're more like family. Remeber when you lived at my house for a while, I never felt like had to entertain you or make you feel welcomed since you had aleady spent so much time there.
    Well, I'll be there in January, whenever that ends up taking place.

    Hugs!
    Bedgie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! Friends are the best! Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Bun Bun....what fun!!!!! You looked so darling in your Santa hat! Municipal purposes?....Oh lawd!! You must have needed that wee drinkie to heal from your surgery!

    You are just the best!!

    Love,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh sounds like you all had a blast. I hosted a pajama Christmas party a few years ago. Need to do it again.
    You are so lucky to have so many friends for so long. What a treasure.
    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you shared the pics. I can see that you had a lot of fun. Wish I could have been there to challange you to a foot fight like the good ole days. Besides, it's a good excuse to buy some new Pjs.

    XO XO & Ho Ho Ho
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bunny what a character you are! I too would have loved to have been there. Nothing is better than a fun weekend with old friends.
    I do wish we lived closer
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete

Go 'head...say it already!