Monday, August 17, 2009

Flying Alarm Clock....

I was rudely awaken this morning. Suddenly and sharply. It wasn't a lawn mower or construction crew anywhere near me and it certainly wasn't a baby although they can be rude. Living in California you'd think it was an earthquake...nope, just the sharp sound of a screeching noise. I have been told about it and my daughter said she has witnessed it before but I have never imagined experiencing this ruckess.


A Flock of Parrots...


I was woken up by what seemed like a pack of Pterodactyls. You know, those flying dinosaurs, not that I know what they sound like, but I've seen Jurassic Park many times and that's a pretty good description. I walked fast to the window ( I don't run anymore) and lo and behold....screaming parrots sitting on the electrical lines. Wow, very impressive....and loud, just squak'in and talk'in and then they just flew off. What a way to wake up!

p.s. I had to look up how to spell Pterodactyl....I'm not that smart....I'm just say'n

3 comments:

  1. OMG I would have nightmares for days being woken up like that!

    Love,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take flying parrots over earthquakes any day! Amen! Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad you didn't have a big gigantic cage. I think one of them was Karina's. He flew out the door when my brother in-law left it open. We never saw him again. If they return, ask if Sammy is amount them. I'm sure he'll come in immediately.

    ReplyDelete

Go 'head...say it already!