Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Happy 30 Something...




I was just strolling down memory lane the other day with Marie about how we got you home from the hospital. At the time she was driving a little VW bug and I was sitting shot gun with you in my arms, no seat belts, no car seats and on top of everything else it was raining a little. Wow, times have changed since then, but what hasn't changed is my love for you. When you were born , yeah, I'll admit it, I was scared to death, but fortunately for me, you were a very easy baby and child...hell didn't let lose till later and that's a whole other blog entry. When we told people your name, the response was always the same "such an old name for a baby" and now people tell you "what a beautiful name" You were always smiling just like you do now and such a girlie girl, always twirling and twirling your dresses. Friendliest kid on the block. If I gave you money to buy ice cream from the ice cream man, you always bought ice cream for the neighborhood kids too. You always shared your toys and made friends easily...nothings changed. Remember when the door to door photographer man with the horse came down our street and you brought him to our door begging to take a picture? The only problem with that is we lived in the back house and they literally had to squeeze through the side of the house and park it in the backyard. You were always ahead of your time. You walked at 8 1/2 months and was potty trained by age 2. Now you are married with a husband and you have given me 3 wonderful squirrly boys that I adore. People tell me we are similar, but I know we are not. You never leave the house with out wearing make up even if it's to go get the mail...and your mailbox is on your porch....seriously! You have your own style and personality. You are an amazing mother...much better that I ever was and you are very kind and generous...sometimes to a fault, but I gotta love that about you too. You are strong, funny, beautiful, smart and very thoughtful and we are very proud of the person you have become. Happy Birthday Meredith!! Wishing you a wonderful b-day and a lifetime of happiness and good health...let's hope...your the one that's gonna take care of me in my old age.



Ahhhhh...













5 comments:

  1. She looks just like you minus the tape on your mouth! She is a beautiful girl :)

    Love,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meredith, I'm sure, is just as proud of her mom. You did a great job in raising Mere. She's a reflection of everything you instilled in her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 01, 2009

    Ahhh...You are wonderful...I know you were a great mom because I got to spend so much time with you and Meredith. I remeber the cats and the guy with the portable oxygen tank..among other things! Melisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJuly 17, 2009

    I love you momma. Thank you for that wonderful and thoughtful blog. Love your awesome daughter, Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Go 'head...say it already!