Monday, June 15, 2009

Stop Me Now...


OK, someone stop me. Don't let me bake anymore because apparently I've lost my mind.
I misplace things , I burn food, I don't pay attention and I am basically absent minded...only in the kitchen of course. I just finished mixing up some zucchini bread and put it in the oven, grabbed the timer, set the timer down in an other room and proceeded to walk away and do something else...in an other room, on the opposite side of the house, where I couldn't hear it if my life depended on it...and then I forgot about it.

Look, this isn't my first time at the dance, I've been baking since Mattel came out with that little baking oven thingy back in the day and by the way, I did quiet well at the time with that fine piece of machinery, but now, I don't know what's happening with my baking skills. Remember the bread (see 6 entries below) incident? Well, it came out alright even if I did accidentally bake it in a very expensive 1940's vintage bowl. Yeah, I could have played it off, like I'm baking high tech old school or I've entered a baking contest and the strangest concoction wins, but I didn't and I keep plugging along even thought my attention span is not what it used to be....Ok where was I...Oh yeah, that's right, there are a lot of shinning objects in the kitchen and apparently I like to look at each and every one of them. It's like when you get older your body goes backward, you supposedly shrink in height or something like that. I use to be 5 foot 7, now I think I'm around 5 foot 5ish and so, perhaps, my brain is shrinking too. And by the way, my zucchini bread burnt a little on top, but that's ok, we'll eat it in silence and not mention the hard surface and I might even send some of it to Eric's work...you know how guys are, "Oh look shiny obj er, I mean food, who brought in food"?

So when Christmas comes around and I give you your annual cookies and assortment of baking goods, just smile and nod and tell me your gonna save them because my baking is so good that you have to eat them in secrecy and you don't want to share. I promise you, I'll never know, because by my calculations, time + senior moments = bad baking, and by the time the holidays get here, I might have to set up the Coleman stove and bake outside in the patio. I can hear it now, "I don't know how the fire started sir, who would cook outside in this cold weather'?

1 comment:

  1. OMG...lol, you are too much! I can't cook worth a flip. I can boil a hot dog, that's about it. Microwaving...er, well, I can if I remember not to put plastic or foil inside!

    Happy Tuesday Sweetie!
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Go 'head...say it already!