Saturday, July 25, 2009

That Bye Bye Gal...

Eric and I went out to dinner tonight and at this particular restaurant, the walls are covered with movie posters, pics of celebrities, sports paraphernalia and all sorts of interesting tchatchkes. His back was against the wall and above his head was a poster of Elvis Presley and Ann-Margaret advertising the movie Viva Las Vegas. Now I know this is gonna be a shocker, but, I've never been a big fan of Elvis or even a little fan, but I do remember idolizing Ann Margaret. I was a young and I guess a very influenced girl who thought that Ann Margaret was the end to all ends. She was wild and gorgeous and oh so hip. On top of all that she was very talented. I can remember laying on my stomach in my living room watching her every dance move in Bye Bye Birdie. Her arms and legs flinging here and there and the very mod dance movements. Her hair, OMG, her hair was to die for, all that thick luscious flaming redness. They don't make them like that anymore. Well, I guess I still do enjoy her a little....I'm just say'n


3 comments:

  1. HEY BUNNY!
    I LOVED ANN MARGARET TOO! You are right, they don't make them like that anymore...thanks so much for stopping by! I felt so relieved to send my adviser three chapters this morning. I hope to get back to regular blogging. I wish we could plant perennial lavender here, but it is too cold in the winter. I would just curl up and die! You must still live in my old stompin' grounds...anything gorgeous can grow there! Ah yes, lavender; my favorite scent. Have a great evening! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my....I loved her too! Elvis...well, I could take him or leave him. Just not my cup of tea for the most part.

    Hope you had a great day sweet one!

    Love,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the Elvis thinging...Pelvis or not. Never thought he was all that but then again, I did like the romantic side of his movies, just not him. And they don't make movies like they used to, although I must admit they have done more musicals lately than they did for a lot of years. You know I did the musical Bye Bye Birdie. In the movie Ann Margaret is more the lead, but in the stage version I think it was Chita Rivera who took the lead and that's the part I played. It was my first lead part and I always wished I could do it again, the right way. Man did I get off subject!

    ReplyDelete

Go 'head...say it already!